Worshiping, Loving, Growing, Serving, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Stated simply, these nine words are the guiding purpose statement for HRBC. You are invited to join us as we learn what it means to worship, love, grow, and serve in the name of Jesus Christ. Get to know us, and let us get to know you.
What We Believe
HRBC accepts the Bible as its authority in matters of faith and practice. Our understanding of Christian truth in the Bible is in essential accord with the belief of Baptist churches as indicated in "The Baptist Faith and Message" adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention in 1963. This congregation has no single creed or confession of faith, but we can summarize our most commonly held beliefs as follows:
- There is one and only one living and true God, whom we know as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Forgiveness of sin, right relationship with God and eternal life are offered to us by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ.
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God, revealing to us the nature, character and purposes of God.
- The Church is comprised of those who have responded in faith to the saving grace of God and who seek to serve him.
- Baptism and the Lord’s Supper are regularly practiced by Christians as symbols of Christ’s sacrifice and of our commitment to God in Christ.
- In accordance with historic Baptist principles, we affirm: the Bible as our source of spiritual truth, the priesthood of every believer, the autonomy of each local church and the separation of church and state.
- Worship, evangelism, discipleship, fellowship, ministry and missions are all integral aspects of the life of the church, beginning in our local setting and extending worldwide.
- God calls and gifts both men and women for the work of ministry and holds us accountable for our obedience to his leadership.
- Growth in our faith and knowledge of God is normal, necessary and results in service to others.
- We cooperate with other Christians and with other churches to accomplish God’s work and will in the world.
The membership of this HRBC is composed of persons who have accepted and confessed Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, have been immersed in accordance with the teaching and commandment of the New Testament, and do accept and subscribe to the doctrines and practices of this church.
We provide a new member reception about three times a year to get to know our new and prospective members and allow for them to ask questions about our ministries. If you are interested in attending one of these sessions, please contact our church office.
We are affiliated with the following Baptist groups...