“Dear God My Savior and Redeemer”
Matthew 1:18-25; Mark 10:42-45
Part Five of “Dear God” Series
God as Savior: The name Jesus is the Greek form of the Hebrew name Joshua which means, “JEHOVAH SAVIOR.”
· The name “Jesus” was more than a name. It is an affirmation of Jesus’ IDENTITY and an expression of his WORK.
God as Redeemer: The title “Redeemer” means “to BUY BACK.” There is a COST associated with redemption.
· Atonement = “At-One-Ment” Because of Jesus’ finished work on the cross, we are reconciled with God.
Responding to God: The work of the Savior and Redeemer has been done for us. But it is no use unless we respond.
1. ADMIT to God that you are a sinner and need salvation—(Romans 3:23).
2. BELIEVE in Jesus Christ as God’s Son and receive Jesus’ gifts of forgiveness—(John 3:16).
3. CONFESS your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord to others—(Romans 10:9-10).
4. DEMONSTRATE your response to Jesus in believer’s baptism and through ministry.