“Dear God My Shepherd”
Part Three of “Dear God” Series
August 14, 2016
Praying the Names of God: In the Old Testament God is referred to as “Shepherd.” The Hebrew is JEHOVAH ROI as in Psalm 23:1.
In the New Testament, Jesus said, “I am the Good Shepherd.” (John 10:11) The Greek is POIMĒN KALOS.
When we pray to God as our Shepherd:
1. We acknowledge our DEPENDENCY on God.
2. We express our CONFIDENCE in God.
3. We admit our need for RELATIONSHIP with God.
Questions to Consider:
· Do you know the voice of the Good Shepherd?
· What voices clamor for your attention?
· Will you choose to listen and believe the voice of truth?
Click H E R E for 8.14.16 Worship Bulletin