“From Uncommon to Common Communities”
Part 8 of
“Being Neighbor” Series
May 22, 2016
Roots of Christian Hospitality:
· We recognize that Christ is present in the other.
· Hospitality is seen as a way of life.
· Worship is inviting and inspiring.
· Shared meals are foundational.
· Churches grow larger through smaller groups.
Fruits of Christian Hospitality:
· People are reconciled to God and one another.
· Churches exist for others.
· Christians’ perceptions of others change.
· Others’ perceptions of the Church and Christians change.
1. Like Zacchaeus, we can choose to change our NARRATIVE.
2. Live in such a way that others will ask, “WHY?”
3. Seek RELATIONSHIPS where this can happen.