“Is Jesus Lord?”
November 13, 2016
By Dr. Bob Lee
What does the term, “Lord” mean?
· Old Testament term: Adonai
· New Testament term: Kurios
In the above terms there is an implied KINGSHIP: “to rule, to be sovereign, to own or to be in control.” A person would respect, revere and serve their king.
1. Lordship is identified with being a Christian. It is yielding CONTROL of our lives to God. (Romans 10:9)
2. Lordship is a work of the HOLY SPIRIT in our lives. (1 Cor. 12:3)
3. If Jesus is Lord over all, we must remember that WE are NOT. (Psalm 46:10)
Questions: Does God rule in all aspects of my life? Do others see this? Am I willing to do what is just and right in this world?