Part 7 of At the Altar Series
October 23, 2016
Key Thought: Whether physically together or apart, there is a SYNCHRONICITY when God’s people worship.
Life Application: Isaiah’s experience “at the altar” provides an authentic WORSHIP GUIDE for God’s people.
1. We PRAISE and exalt the name of God. (vv. 1-4)
2. We feel so unworthy in the presence of holiness. We are led to CONFESSION. (v. 5)
3. We receive grace and FORGIVENESS from God. As Christians, our sins are atoned for. (vv. 6-7)
4. When the clutter of guilt and sin is removed, we are able to hear God’s CALL. (v. 8a)
5. Authentic worship moves us to RESPOND to God’s call. (v. 8b)
“Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.” (Romans 12:1, NIV)