“How Can I be a Unifying Church Member?”
Part Two of “I Am a Church Member Series”
Ephesians 4:1-3 April 19, 2015
1. Unity is vital to the HEALTH of a church - Ezra 3:10-13; Luke 5:17-20, 24b-26.
2. Unity is vital to the WITNESS of the church - John 13:34-35.
How Can I be a Unifying Presence in the Church?
· Do: Be humble, gentle and patient; and UPHOLD one another in love – Eph. 4:2.
· Do: Seek UNITY through the bond of peace. – Eph. 4:3
· Don’t: Engage in GOSSIP and negative TALK - Eph. 4:29-31; James 3:6.
· Don’t: Harbor RESENTMENT or refuse to FORGIVE. -- Eph. 4:32; Col. 3:13-14; Matthew 6:14-15.
THE SECOND PLEDGE:
I am a church member. I will seek to be a source of unity in my church. I know there are no perfect pastors, staff, or other church members. But neither am I. I will not be a source of gossip or dissension. One of the greatest contributions I can make is to do all I can in God’s power to help keep the church in unity for the sake of the gospel.