During August, the WMU will sponsor our Annual Backpack drive for students in South Richmond. As in years past, families and individuals are encouraged to either fill a new backpack with one of each of the following items:
· One 1 1/2—2 inch three ring binder and divider tabs
· Four black and white composition notebooks
· One or two packs of wide-ruled loose leaf paper
· One 3 or 5 subject spiral notebooks
· Two one subject notebooks
· Five to eight No.2 pencils
· Five to eight black or blue pens
· A Christian themed bookmark or similar item
Other optional items that can be collected but should not be put in the backpacks include colored pencils, highlighters, erasers, metal scissors, rulers, tissues, quart or gallon ziplock bags, red pens, washable markers, protractors and compasses, blank CDs folders with pockets, 3x5 index cards, small pencil sharpeners, water color paint kids, and pencil boxes.
These items will be collected in the Family Life Center beginning in August and concluding Sunday, August 25. For more information and to learn about other optional items for donation, contact Dotty Shepard.