The Deacons of Huguenot Road Baptist Church are beginning the process of nominating a Pastor Search Committee (PSC) by asking for nominee suggestions from HRBC members.
- Members of Huguenot Road Baptist Church please identify up to five (5) members you would recommend to serve on the Pastor Search Committee.
- Return nominee suggestions to the church office or e-mail to email@example.com by May 4, 2014.
HRBC Personnel Manual regarding the Pastor Search Committee:
Pastor – The call of the Pastor will be a matter of congregational decision. The Diaconate will nominate to the church the membership of a Pastor Search Committee. This committee will be no less than nine (9) members who are representative of the church body. Membership of the Pastor Search Committee will require a majority vote at a church business meeting. The Pastor Search Committee is given the responsibility by the church to review the qualifications of the individual under consideration, and to make a recommendation to the church of the person whom the Holy Spirit seems to indicate.
Some Considerations for PSC Nominee Suggestions:
- One who is committed to the goals and purposes of Huguenot Road Baptist Church and who will actively support those goals and purposes.
- A person who is led by God's Spirit, depends upon the Spirit for guidance, and is willing to be led by the Spirit through the PSC process.
- A member of HRBC who will consider the needs of a diverse congregation in recommending a candidate for Senior Pastor.
- To sum it up, someone you believe to be a trusted, respected, prayerful, spiritually wise, a regular attendee, able to speak for groups within the church (not representatives, but representative), and willing to listen to all perspectives (without an “axe to grind”).