HRBC will host CARITAS March 15 - 22. If you are new to this ministry, we share God’s love by hosting about 35 homeless men or women in our church for one week. We need folks to help with everything from donating food items to serving dinner to acting as evening and overnight hosts.
Hosting CARITAS is an exciting way to share God’s love with those in our community, who at this particular stage in life are in need. Our church utilizes
over a hundred volunteers each time we open our doors to this ministry. But this doesn’t mean there isn’t a place for those who have not served in this area before. Please consider how you might contribute to serving our guests this year. Below are descriptions of some of our most needed volunteer opportunities. Look for a full list of opportunities in the Sanctuary narthex March 2 and 9.
Evening Host (Individual or Family)
· Serves 7:00 - 9:30 pm
· Welcome guests to the gym.
· Make certain guests are aware of available services
· If specific requests are made by guests, be certain HRBC Coordinator and on-site CARITAS Coordinator are aware.
· Make certain all HRBC coordinated activities are running smooth and on time.
· Serves 9:30 pm - 7:00 am
· Bring linens for bedding. Mattresses are provided
· As evening activities are winding down, make certain guests are ready for bed.
· Lights out is 10:00, or as stated by on-site CARITAS Coordinator.
· Set-up and clean-up continental, serve-yourself style breakfast.
· Generally oversee breakfast activities and lunch distribution.
· HRBC volunteers sign-up to take some laundry home each evening, wash it, and bring it back the next day before 7:30 pm.
· Volunteers can pick laundry up around 9:30 pm.
· Serves 7:00 - 9:00 pm each night
· Guests are allowed to sign-up to take a shower. Sign-ups begin as soon as they arrive at HRBC.
· Showers begin as soon as they finish dinner.
· Guests are escorted to the shower area by shower volunteers.
· Guests are provided with toiletries.